Brünofix was founded in Leipzig in 1905. Initially, chemicals primarily used in the black oxidation process were developed, optimised and sold.
Over the years, the company added container manufacturing and production of chemicals for the phosphating process. After the Second World War, the head office was transferred to Nuremberg and then to Rednitzhembach just 20 km away.
The company group Weiss Unternehmensgruppe, located in the Middle Franconian town of Rednitzhembach south of Nuremberg, maintains a tradition spanning more than a century with its subsidiaries. The company group employs over 100 people and is active in the fields of metals chemistry, forming tools, plant engineering, mould engineering, surface treatment and medical technology.